Friday, March 6, 2009

OH Happy Day!

008

I found them!! I swear people, it was no easy task either. I stood in the bread isle for a good 15 minutes thinking..."ok, here is the arnold's bread, its gotta be here somewhere"...and..."ok, not there. Well, over here are the arnold's buns. Nope." Finally I found them stuffed on the bottom shelf with all of the english muffins. They didnt even have a price! My persistence paid off though. I wonder how long they have actually kept these things hidden from me! Oh you are good Wal-Mart, but this time I came out the victor!

I also found these little babies that I got way too excited about and quickly threw into my cart next to my thins:

009

Italian Herb Flat-Out Wraps.

I had only ever seen just the plain ones, and those are awesome, so I knew that these would have to be good! It was such a toss up between using the new flat outs or the new sandwich thins for lunch. But those Flat-Outs smelled so damn good, I just had to try those out first. So I made up a wrap:

011

Turkey Wrap, HUGE-O Pickle, and a few carrots.

Close-Up/Break-Down:

010

  • Italian Herb Flat-Out
  • Greek Style Hummus
  • Deli Turkey
  • Salsa
  • Spinach
  • Spicy Mustard

Oh my gosh these Flat-Outs were 10 times better than the plain ones. They had such a good flavor, and paired with the garlic-y hummus....oh it was heaven! haha. Also, I found those pickles during my shopping trip as well and decided that I had try those. They were labeled "Spicy Pickles" and they were jarred with red peppers and onions (i think). I had never seen anything like it and they were sooo good too! Has anyone ever seen and/or tried these?!

For dinner last night I tried out the Sandwich Thins and made up a Veggie Burger. This time I did as Katie suggested and thawed it out for a few seconds in the microwave before putting it on the Georgie, and this worked perfect! Thanks Katie, you are amazing, as always!

013

Close-Up/Break-Down:

014

  • Morning Star Farms Mushroom Lovers Veggie Burger
  • Ketchup
  • Mustard
  • Spinach
  • Tomato Slice
  • (Another Pickle on the Side)

I got in a pretty good workout today too to go along with my good food shopping trip. My workout included:

  • 35 minutes on the eliptical: 300 cals. burned
  • 20 minutes on the other thing: 200 cals. burned

After I was finished with this I was at the water fountain filling up my water bottle and just happened to look up at the schedule of classes that my gym was offering. I scanned over the list for Thursday and noticed that they were offering a Yoga class at 1245. I looked at the clock, it was 1240! I thought this would be a perfect way to stretch and cool down after a workout so I hurried over to the yoga studio for what I thought would be a yoga class. When I found the room the door was already closed. I opened it as quietly as I could, and walked into a dark room with about 3 other people and the instructor. Everyone else already had all of their things and they were just sort of sitting there talking to the instuctor, so I just assumed the class had not started yet. I noticed that everyone had two blocks, so I asked if I need two or if I could just use one. That is when the instructor told me that it was up to me because this was a "freestyle" class where we did whatever yoga moves we wanted for an hour and if we needed help we could ask her. WHAT?! I mean I have done Yoga for years, but I still like to have guided instruction! I felt like I couldnt really leave so I stayed around and did what I remembered of some flows and I actually surprised myself with what I could do! I also threw in a couple back bends and leg balances! So in the end, I was glad that I stayed even though I was WAY uncomfortable. haha.

After lunch I got in workout #2. Nothing too big, it was just so pretty that I could not resist a walk/jog on one of my favorite jogging trails. I seriously had the biggest smile on my face all day because it was so gorgeous outside and EVERYONE was outside taking advantage. I even drove with my sunroof down! It got up into the high 60s and there was not a cloud in the sky! I ended up walking/jogging twice around "the loop" which I think is about two miles (so a total of 4 miles).

Todays agenda is a pretty busy one:

  • Subbing for 3rd grade
  • Working at the mall
  • Hopefully squeezing in a workout
  • Tanning
  • Rollerskating Par-Tay for my friend's birthday!

Hope everyone is having a lovely start to their weekend. What is everyone's plans? Anyone on Spring Break yet?! Lots of Love <3 Ems.

17 comments:

Jenny said...

Em baby you are lucky i love you so much or else i would be EXTREMELY jealous that you have sammie thins AND flatouts.. lucky you! you are living the sandwich dream :)

glad you had such a great yoga sess! enjoy your day, beautiful. love you!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Ooh glad you found them! I still have yet to spot Flat-Outs anywhere in this darn state.

Have fun subbing! 3rd graders are so cute.

The Purple Carrot said...

YAY! I'm so glad you found them : ) Now I need to find them!!

My parents are coming to see me this weekend : )

I hope you have a GREAT Friday and GREAT weekend enjoying your sammie things and flatouts ; )

Emily said...

Yay Arnold thins! Your wrap looks great, too.

I'm super excited about the warm weather. I hope it stays for a while.

Sounds like yoga was a stretching experience. :-)

Hope subbing goes well today! Happy Weekend!

Mica said...

Rollerskating? That's awesome!

I'm glad that you showed Wal-Mart who's boss!

Anonymous said...

I've always been curious about those flavor wraps. They look nummy =)

Anonymous said...

your pickle looks so green! haha and yay! for yoga!

Anonymous said...

Hi Em!! I seriously think we love the same stuff. hahaha I need to find those arnold thins!! Thanks for describing where you found them, cuz it's the details that matter girl! :) My weekend plans are a bunch of social dinners- seriously one every night and a date night with the bf today where we get to try a new restaurant!! Hope you're having a greaaat weekend darling!

Trying To Heal said...

sweeeeeeeet for finding both arnold's thins and flat out wraps!!! yay!!! glad you enjoyed the wraps!

RunningLaur said...

When you said Arnold bread the other day I didn't recognize it (and I love carbs), but that's the same logo as Orowheat. Maybe they're related?
Orowheat sponsored RNRAZ and gave out free bread!

Enjoy the weekend!

Molly said...

GREAT grocery store finds! Love the workouts...you did so good!!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you found them!
Stock up, they freeze well, and then I just deforst them in the microwave (~20 seconds on 20% power) and throw them in the toaster.
Great ideas about the veggie burgers! I have been wanting to try them on George. And the thins are the perfect bun size.
The Italian Flat outs are great!!!
Have a great weekend!!!

Sophia Lee said...

wow! those flat-outs do sound AWESOME! can't wait to see more of your creations with these wraps!
never tried yoga myself, but your experience sounds good and makes me wanna take it up myself!

aussirish said...

hi hun
glad youve had such a nice day so far :) it sounds like the weathers wonderful! and good on you for stayin for that yoga class!
those arnold thins look so good, theyre so popular amongst the blogging world!
have a wonderful afternoon
xxxx

Jaime said...

hey girl! sounds like oyu are one busy lady! yay for finding the sanwich thins :) have fun subbing third grade! i wish i was in third grade again sometimes :) xoxox

ellie said...

Just saying HI- I feel like I know you because I've been reading for ages, and thought it was time to introduce myself.

So jealous of the thins and flat-outs- both look great :) (I am in scotland and no such products here!)

enjoy your weekend!

Nutritious is Delicious said...

I have another week before spring break....:(

I am loving your new bread finds!! :D