Friday, March 27, 2009

Addin to the List

Thats right I'm adding another onto the "list of firsts" tonight. I am starting my new job as a SUSHI server!! There is an up and a down side to this. UP SIDE = I have a job at my favorite little hip sushi hangout. DOWN SIDE = I hope working there does not spoil my love of the place. I know I have posted about this restaurant several times, because it is my absolute favorite place to go. Its called Stir Fry Cafe, I'm pretty nervous/excited about starting tonight. I just hope that all the other servers are nice, I know how things can be with "the new girl" so I'm a little scared. But we will see!! Wish me luck, I go in at 6 tonight for the Friday night dinner crowd...AH!

I have so much to blog about later...hint: more firsts! But I am running late to get ready for the new job so I gotta run. Don't worry, Ill update later for sure!

Hope everyone has a great Friday night!

16 comments:

The Purple Carrot said...

SUSHI!! I would SO come and get sushi from you if I could! Good luck, Em, you'll be GREAT : )

Emily said...

LOVE sushi!
Good luck tonight, you'll be great! :-)
I'm excited to hear about your other "firsts."

Anonymous said...

i LOVEEE sushi!!!
im so jealous :)

do you think you'll get free sushi? haha good luck!

Megan said...

oo yay, congrats on the new job. sushi IS MY FAVORITE!! i know i say that about everything, but it really is the best. i doubt you could EVER get sick of it.

good luck!!

Sarah said...

Have fun at your new job!

Jenny said...

CONGRATS on the job Em!! you will do great =) good luck.. can't wait to hear all about it mama!

love yaaaa xoxo

Baylee♥ said...

you better update later! im looking forward to it!

congrats on getting the job!!!

im sure you'll do FINE! if anything, you'll probably just get hit on alot by the servers cuz you're so freakin cute!

Anonymous said...

Good luck tonight! I worked at a sushi place this winter and half-price sushi was quite a nice perk!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read about your other news!
Good luck tonight, I know you will do great!

Anonymous said...

that place looks DELISH..im comin to visit. hope thats alright with you.

Mica said...

Congratulations on the new job. Mmmm, sushi! I hope you get free sushi for every hour you work!

Jaime said...

yay girl! i love sushi! enjoy and good luck! youll be awesome!
check my blog-- i gave you an award. xo

Anonymous said...

AHH sounds so exciting!!

I hope it went well tonight!!!!

That sounds like such a hip restaurant. So cool ;)

Yay for sushi!

Anonymous said...

good luck at the new job!

Anonymous said...

how EXCITING! I remember working as a server in Olive Garden, and I LOVED it. It's so fun, and the hours just flew by for me! I loved interacting with the rowdy cooks and humorous wait staff and the interesting, different customers. oh, and there is DEFINITELY gonna be some infuriating customers, but RANT it out here! I'll totally understand!
oh, and do you get free sushi? it'll be so cool if you could!

Stef (More to Life Than Lettuce) said...

NICE! I never considered working at a sushi restaurant, but I think if I were to go back to working in a food-related place sushi would be AWESOME! I hope working there doesn't turn you off from sushi..in fact I hope you'll love it even more because it'll be free/cheaper! Plus you might get to create wacky sushi combos with the chefs that you could name the Emily Roll or something. It could become a smash hit and then you'd be as famous as the California Roll! Haha. I hope the other serves are nice too..if they're not, let me know and I'll take care of em! :)